Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Vacation is Over

Today is the last day of vacation for the kids and me. I'm OK with that. I am ready to go back to school. I got a lot of things done that I planned; cleaned, cleaned out my closet and put away new clothes, cleaned out the kids' drawers and put away their new clothes-even though Noah will just rotate between three pairs of running pants and four shirts, read my book, blogged, and of course spent quality time with my kids, as well as put away the Christmas stuff. I love having the Christmas stuff up, but I have to admit just like the Grinch's heart, my living rooms grew three sizes when I put it all away. I also let Sam outside and back in about 500 times each day. I think Sammy knows we are going back to work/school tomorrow because he's been really anxious all day. Things I did not get done but planned to include; my New Year's resolution to stop biting my nails. It lasted ten hours, nine of which I was asleep. Also going back to my "non-holiday" diet. In the past twelve days I have eaten so much junk. I've eaten more crap than good food by far, case in point, I have a deep, relentless craving for Cheetos as I type. I also haven't gone out shopping to get the "good after Christmas" deals. I could say it's too cold, or I could say, "why go out when my bed and nap are here?" Seriously. I'm a little worried that I could make a good hermit. It's not like I don't want to go out in public, it's more that I really like my pajamas. I should go grocery shopping and to school to plan what to teach tomorrow, but groceries can wait until Tuesday and I can get up early tomorrow...
Every year I have at least one resolution. The ones I remember are; stop biting my nails, lose weight, exercise more, drink less beer- more water, stop ordering groceries online, finish laundry in one day, vacuum everyday, and generally be less sarcastic. Ha- we all know that last one will NEVER work! However, by January 15th I have always fallen of the resolution wagon. Therefore, I made none this year. I plan on biting my nails, moving only if I absolutely have too, drink beer, try to find other errands that are a pain in the ass to do online- I wonder if you can order online from a liquor store and they'll deliver? I know laundry is a never ending job, and maybe vacuuming three times a week is A-OK. See now that I've lowered my resolution expectations I may surprise myself and stick to it. It's all reverse psychology on myself. Hopefully it'll work.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You are perfect just the way you are!