Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Circus

If you know me at all, you know I LOATHE the circus. I hate that the animals are locked up and "forced" to perform, and well I hate clowns. However, I do love the smell of cotton candy and popcorn. I remember bringing Noah when he was two years old and he wanted to leave at intermission. I spent the next six years dragging the kids to the circus. I took the last two years off mostly because 1) I didn't tell the kids the circus was in town and they didn't realize until it was gone and 2) Ethan didn't want to go because it would cut into his pajama wearing time on a Saturday morning. Last night Ethan and I were snuggling on the couch watching TV. A commercial for the circus came on. Me- "Do you want to go to the circus this year?" Ethan- "Can I have dots?" (an ice cream that melts in your mouth) Me- "Do you only want to go so you can eat dots?" Ethan- (Pausing) "Kind of. But one time there were three tigers and they jumped through a hoop that was on fire." So I guess I'm going to the circus. It'll probably be the last time, so I'll bring my camera and morn my children growing up. When did they get so big. What was I doing? I swear they do it when I'm not looking just to spite me.

No comments: