Sunday, September 9, 2012

Once Again...

I know- I'm wearing too much make-up.
Sometimes Abby doubles as a football.
He's the handsomest 12-year-old I know.
 
Once again I am wishing my life away. Now that school has started for the boys, we are insanely busy. Ethan has football practice Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00- 7:30. A game every other Monday night from 5:00- 7:30 and games Saturday mornings which last two and a half hours. Both boys have Sunday school on Sunday. Noah has Wednesday morning Sunday school for confirmation, along with Wednesday night confirmation activities from 5:30-9:00. He also has practice every day from 4:00 (right when school gets out) until 6:00. Two to three days a week he plays football from 5:30-7:30. So Wednesdays for Noah look like this; Wake up at 7:00. Confirmation 8:00-8:50, school 9:05-3:55, football 4:00-6:00, confirmation 5:30 (yes, I KNOW they overlap) until 9:00. When is the kid supposed to eat or do homework? I know it was our choice to put him in football and confirmation, but it seems like you really can't do both. Also, 7th grade is soo much harder. Noah is in the advanced classes- which again is out choice, but every teacher takes the "half hour of homework each night" as "half hour of homework in every one of your seven classes each night." I just keep thinking, if we can make it through September and into the middle of October we'll be fine. There you go- wishing away my life. I decided to take it one week at a time, but that's still wishing it all away.
 

I think I am a little autistic. I'm taking an autism class and I read the first chapter and a half. At times, I think it describes me to a tee. I always eat my Skittles in this order; orange, green, red, yellow, blue and then purple- except I leave one orange for last because they are my favorites. I have to eat them in that order because it's complimentary colors. I also eat my vitamin gummies in order too. All of the reds first, then orange, then yellow, then purple. And I have issues with my feet. If I think my feet are at all dirty, sweaty, smelly or sticky, I have to wash them before I climb into bed. I can't wear flip-flops where the shoe strap touches between my toes because it gives me a stomach ache. I also fixate a little on the seem on my socks if it's touching the tips of my toes. When that happens, I can't quit moving my toes. I can't help it. I don't throw a tantrum or anything if I can't have my skittles or vitamins a certain way, but I do know I will have three weeks of bad luck if I eat them in the wrong order, and I could never fall asleep if my feet weren't just right. Another thing- I have to say "The Hail Mary" after I say the Lord's Prayer- even when I'm at my LUTHERAN church, a weeding or a funeral. I think if I don't give Mary her due attention God will send me straight to hell. That may not be an autistic thing but a weird Catholic thing. Some priest probably told me that once. You know them- always wanting to weed out who gets to go to Heaven, as if it'll get too crowded and they won't be allowed in.
 
Hopefully the next six weeks will go by quickly, my baby will have time to do homework AND confirmation, and my autism class will teach me how to be normal.
 
Thoughts I think: I used to have super powers, but then my therapist took them away.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You are not autistic. You are quirky. You on one hand REALLY like order and on the other hand can handle more chaos than a lot of people. You are perfect the way you are!