Friday, July 1, 2011

My Little Buddy

Ethan has become my little shadow this summer. With Noah and Scott always being gone, Ethan and I are left to fend for ourselves. Noah's always at friends' houses, and well Ethan's friends are at daycare. One day I asked him if it bothered him he can't go to his friends' and he assured me, "No mom. I like hanging out with you at home better anyway." That's what we've been doing. Most days start out with us cuddling on the couch watching Phineas and Ferb, having "contests" on my i-pod, eating lunch, then the kids going to basketball camp, Noah going to a friends' house and Ethan and I going in the pool or laying around. Then it's Ethan and I eating supper, going to Noah's games and ending the day with both of us reading in my bed- sometimes he even falls asleep before I do. I cherish every minute. You never know if he'll be too "cool" for mom next summer. This summer he prefers to be with me as I am "his best friend". Since I am spending so much time with him and have a lack of a social life, I'd have to agree with him. So... On to that topic. Ethan's super great, but sometimes you just miss other adults. What is with my non-social life? I've been feeling a little sorry for myself lately, "everyone else has fun plans for the weekend/afternoon/summer...." Why don't I? I think I'm wonderfully fun to be around, yet no one agrees with me- except Ethan... and the dogs. However, I'm thinking of telling the dogs their suspicions are right- they ARE adopted, and then they might not want to hang out with me either. I also feel like the ONLY person in the Fargo-Moorhead area who does not have a lake, or friends' lake place to go to for the fourth of July.

I guess on the fourth, Ethan and I will be floating around in the pool telling each other what we like best about the other one- the same way we celebrated flag day.

1 comment:

jill said...

I'm so with you. My weekend has consisted of yard work and that's it. No fun lake place to go to either, and our pool is only 1 foot deep! at least it's an extra day off of work. I will admit that I'm tempted to go into work tomorrow to get relief from the stupid yard work though.