Monday, May 7, 2012

Number 4

I am skipping number 3- Describe your relationship with your parents because I don't feel like "going there" right now. I will go to number 4. What are the 10 things you would tell your 16-year-old self if you could. Wow. That's a hard one. I would say:
1. BE CAREFUL! There are a lot of times I could have, and if God wasn't watching over me, should have been really harmed or hurt. I did some really stupid things that I pray my children don't repeat.
2. Boys are dumb and not really worth your time. Sure they are fun to look at and talk to, but they'll just hurt you. Wait until you are in college to take any seriously. They, and you are not done growing.
3. Spend time with mom and cherish it. I know she's probably nagging you, but make sure she knows you love her. Ask what it was like to be a new mom, a new wife, and what her dreams and hopes were when she was 16.
4. Write down your hopes and dreams. Not just goals. But HOPES. At my age now I really can't remember what they were. I know what my goals were, but not my hopes or dreams.
5. The world is way bigger than Barnesville. Suck it up for two more years. You always hear "you can't go back." You'll be sad when you have to leave, but once you do, it's hard to go back and fit in. But strangely, it'll be OK.
6. Learn to study and demand that the English teacher teach you. It'll save you stress and money in the near future.
7. Have fun, but be safe. You have no real responsibilities, but also have an immature brain. Keep both of those in mind.
8. Don't worry so much about the girls who are "all that". You will be more successful than most of them. In 10 years, they will be living their "glory days", while you'll be glad you didn't peek in high school.
9. Don't worry so much. Nothing you worry about now will matter in 10 years, 10 months, or even 10 days.
10. You will be fine. You can't worry about the things you can't control. You can't change people, and you probably don't really want to. Remember- There is a reason for everything. It usually isn't obvious at the time, but years later you will look back and know what the reason was. HINT- Stoutenburg kicks you out because he really doesn't want to teach Social Studies and you are too distracting. What comes around goes around. You will feel like you'll need to kick kids out too. Then you will understand his frustrations with you, and magically have more patience! :)

No comments: